The Guest House was built on land in Railway Avenue originally owned by early settler Walter Grice, and then inherited by son Alfred Grice. The land was purchased by Mrs Elsie Russel in 1918, and subdivided in 1920. Mrs Mary English purchased six of the lots and in 1925 she built the Guest House known then as “Gemona”.
Gemona was sold in the late 1940’s, and in 1948 the name changed to “Tree Tops”. Some years later, the building was converted to flats, however the use was reinstated as an 11-bedroom Guest House in the 1980’s, by the then owner Connie Swift.
Tree Tops was owned by the Tarakson family between 1989 and 1997. During this time the Guest House became very well known for hosting Murder Mystery weekends, know as Dial M (for murder).
In the late 1990’s, the buildings and gardens were substantially altered by the new owners Rose and Grant Figtree. Harry and Karen Hull then became the owners and continued to run the Guest House as Tree Tops until around 2015.
Tree Tops was then sold to Jon and Della Fitzroy, who owned it for approximately 5 years. During this time, Jon and Della carried out substantial refurbishments and renamed the property to its current name “The Bundanoon Guest House”
The current owners, Lucie and Tim Phillips, purchased the property in March 2020, and have continued the refurbishments of the property, and run the property as a boutique Bed and Breakfast Guest House.